Saturday, 3 October 2015

DIY Natural Face Masks. | DIY

Hey all you beautiful people!
I'm just going to pretend that I didn't have a few months absence... okay maybe more than a few but I'm back and hopefully I'll be uploading blogs a lot more frequently now.

Having to look after your face can be a pain in the butt, especially if you have acne, or not. Face masks provide a deep nourishment to your skin. It's one of the most vital steps for your face care regime but most people neglect the whole idea as it must stay on your face for about 15 minutes. The mask doesn't need to consist of many ingredients, loads of great face masks have only one vital ingredient that makes all the difference.
  • Banana; the best all natural face mask. Mash up the banana into a smooth paste, then apply to your face, leave it on for 10-20 minutes then rinse off with cold water.
  • Yogurt; spread plain yogurt on your face and leave it on for 20 minutes, then wash off with luke-warm water.
  • For brightening your skin, you can use an egg and honey mixture. I don't actually use this face mask but my friend recommended this to me and said it worked for her and she loves it. You'll need one egg, which clears oil and shrinks pores. First you'll have to separate the egg white and yolk into different bowls and add 2 tablespoons of honey to the egg WHITE, not yolk as I've seen my friend get mixed up with this before... then whip it up! You can then apply it on your face, you could do this with a paint brush or any type of brush that's suitable for this because its easier to apply. Then let it to dry for 20 minutes. You'll now its dry when its sticky, then wash. You can then use the yolks after to moisturise your skin, but that's up to you.
  • For an ex-foliating peel, you have to apply an egg white wash onto your face, then press a thin tissue on your face and apply more egg wash on top, let it dry for 20 minutes. Then PEEL AWAY (which is the fun part).
  • Lemon face scrub; this is an anti-bacterial that brightens skin and tames oil. You'll need honey, that moisturises your skin and heals acne. Sugar, which is a gentle ex-foliate and, of course, the main ingredient; a lemon. First cut the lemon in half, coat it in honey, but not too much, maybe a teaspoon (when I do this I just estimate so I have no idea how much I exactly use when I do this) then top it off with some sugar.Yum... Then gently scrub away! Wash away once you're done and voila! You now have skin that's soft as a babies bottom.